By Robert K. Yin
Providing an entire portal to the realm of case examine learn, the Fourth variation of Robert ok. Yin’s bestselling textual content Case research study offers finished assurance of the layout and use of the case research approach as a legitimate examine instrument. This completely revised textual content now covers greater than 50 case experiences (approximately 25% new), provides clean awareness to quantitative analyses, discusses extra absolutely using combined tools examine designs, and comprises new methodological insights. The book’s insurance of case learn learn and the way it's utilized in perform provides readers entry to exemplary case experiences drawn from a large choice of educational and utilized fields.
Key positive factors of the Fourth Edition
- Highlights every one particular learn characteristic via forty four boxed vignettes that characteristic formerly released case stories
- Provides methodological insights to teach the similarities among case stories and different social technological know-how methods
- Suggests a three-stage method of aid readers outline the preliminary questions they'll give some thought to of their personal case learn research
- Covers new fabric on human matters safety, the function of Institutional overview forums, and the interaction among acquiring IRB approval and the ultimate improvement of the case research protocol and behavior of a pilot case
- Includes an total image of the whole case learn examine technique first and foremost of the booklet, then highlights the stairs within the procedure via images that seem on the outset of the entire chapters that stick with
- Offers in-text studying aids together with “tips” that pose key questions and solutions at first of every bankruptcy, functional workouts, endnotes, and a brand new cross-referencing desk
Case learn study, Fourth Edition is perfect for classes in departments of schooling, company and administration, Nursing and Public overall healthiness, Public management, Anthropology, Sociology, and Political Science.
Read or Download Case Study Research: Design and Methods PDF
Best social work books
This booklet explores what number matters on the topic of improvement and governance –including migration, catastrophe administration, environmental justice, peace and safety, sustainability, public-private partnerships, and terrorism – impression the perform of social paintings. It takes a world, comparative strategy, reflecting the worldwide context within which social staff now function.
A framework of ethics and values varieties the basis of social staff' specialist identities. Ethics and values should still form the way in which that social staff perform and the way they effect upon the lives of the carrier clients they paintings to help. In a fast-moving global motivated via transferring coverage, tight budgets and altering perform criteria, scholars and practitioners have to anchor their knowing of themselves to transparent ideas for moral perform.
- Managed Care Services: Policy, Programs, and Research
- Couples, kids, and family life
- Handbook for Management of Human Service Agencies
- Social Administration
Extra resources for Case Study Research: Design and Methods
Medical records, social work files, and other case records are used to facilitate some practice, such as medicine, law, or social work. Again, the criteria for developing good cases for practice differ from those for doing case study research. , D. T. S. Government Accountability Office, 1990). You as a social scientist would like to know how to design and conduct single- or multiple-case studies to investigate a research issue. You may only be doing a case study or may be using it as part of a larger mixed methods study (see Chapter 2).
2003). ). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage. Yin, R. K. ). (2004). The case study anthology. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage. This book is dedicated to Hans-Lukas Teuber, who made research a lifelong goal for all who studied with him. Doing Case Study Research: A linear but iterative process ABSTRACT The case study is but one of several ways of doing social science research. Other ways include but are not limited to experiments, surveys, histories, and economic and epidemiologic research. Each method has peculiar advantages and disadvantages, depending upon three conditions: the type of research question, the control an investigator has over actual behavioral events, and the focus on contemporary as opposed to historical phenomena.
These references will increase your access to existing and (often) exemplary case studies. Most of the citations are contemporary, making the works easy to retrieve. However, to avoid losing connectivity with “roots,” the citations also include older works that might be out of print but still deserving of being recognized. The specific references are found in BOXES sprinkled throughout the chapters. Each BOX contains one or more concrete examples of published case studies, to illustrate points made in the text.
Case Study Research: Design and Methods by Robert K. Yin